The 400-acre University Farm at Truman State University is located on the edge of Kirksville, Mo., about a mile from campus. Activities at the farm range from classwork, to research, to recreation.
The University Farm features:
- Classroom/lab, equine and cattle facilities
- 40-head riding/breeding horse herd
- Indoor and outdoor riding arenas
- A herd of Gelbvieh beef cattle
- Two greenhouses, an orchard, vineyards, and garden plots
- Agronomy research plots and crops
- Beautiful, rolling grassland and woodland areas
- Horse boarding available by contract
The open spaces at the University Farm are perfect for the University Observatory which provides a great viewing location for physics research and a place for events sponsored by student organizations such as the Stargazers Club.