Friday, January 10th
- Arrival Day– Be in Kirksville and meet at Baldwin Hall 104 before 5pm. Note that you may not be able to arrive in the United States and arrive in Kirksville on the same day. Travel within the U.S. can be very slow. We recommend allowing yourself one day to travel within the United States.
Saturday, January 11th
- Check in and Orientation Day 1. You must be on campus at 8:30am. Sessions will be held at the Baptist Student Union.
Sunday, January 12th
- Orientation Day 2. You must be on campus at 8:30am. Sessions will be held in Violette Hall.
Monday, January 13th
- Classes begin
Friday, January 17th at 5:00 p.m. CST
- All fees and tuition are due to the Business Office by this date
All students should carefully read ALL of the pre-arrival materials below before arrival at Truman! (Only exchange and transfer students need to read the materials marked specifically for them)
- Intro to the Center for International Students3.pptx
- Understanding Your I-20
- How to get your student visa
- How to legally stay in the United States
- Payments & Budgeting
- Legal Work Options
- American Culture 101
- Living On-Campus
- Living Off-Campus
- TB Testing and Immunizations
- U.S. Laws
- For Exchange Students
- For Transfer Students
The atmosphere at Truman is warm. People here are friendly and are willing to help you whenever you need it. Also, there are plenty of organizations available to help international students to make new friends, understand new cultures, and enjoy life in America.