The Shared Experiences component of the Truman Symposium (TRU 100) brings new students together for a series of events (about one per month) including plenary presentations, performances, and panels. These shared experiences will provide communal engagement related to topics addressed in the course objectives and will be coupled with discussions in the Self and Society Seminar sections following each event.
Fall 2021 Shared Experiences
- Event 1 (Aug. 19): How to Fail Successfully: The Science of How to Use Setbacks as Stepping Stones (Symposium Introduction and keynote speaker Diana Kander)
About The Truman Lecture – Diana Kander
- Event 2 (Sept. 13): Connecting to Your Community: Improv Everywhere: the MP3 Experiments
- Event 3 (Oct. 4): Advancing Inclusion and Equity: ISO’s Language Fair
- Event 4 (Nov. 1): Connecting to Alumni: Doug Villhard
- Event 5 (TBD): Festival/Fair