Sunday, September 27, 2020
Ophelia Parrish Performance Hall
The new Musical Theatre minor capitalizes on the strengths of three separate Truman State University departments in the areas of music, theatre, and dance to create a transformative experience in the area of musical theatre. Whether your primary major is in theatre, vocal performance, exercise science, or another area, you can pursue a Musical Theatre minor to extend your degree and take classes that align with your interests.
You can find out more about the Musical Theatre Minor at musicaltheatre.truman.edu.
Facebook Event: www.facebook.com/events/2393848310923643
- Professor David Charles Goyette (Theatre) and Dr. Charles Gran (Music) will be viewing the auditions on Sunday. Dr. Taylor Hutchinson will be accompanying those auditioning.
- Please sign up for BOTH a rehearsal slot with the accompanist (Friday, Sept 25, 9:30 – 11:30 a.m.) and an audition slot (Sunday, Sept 27, 1-2 p.m.).
- Prepare a 32 bar (2 minutes max) broadway musical theatre song and a 1 minute contemporary monologue.
- Sheet music should be in a binder, hole-punched, and double-sided if the excerpt is longer than two pages — just like reading a book. Cuts should be clearly marked and all photocopies should show everything from the page. Double check that the bottom of the piano part doesn’t get cut off.
- Dr. Hutchinson (Pianist) also plays from their iPad. If you prefer to email digital copies in advance that would work as well. Feel free to email Dr. Hutchinson at email@example.com