LET’S GET OUTDOORS
Saturday, June 8, 2019
Jester Park Nature Center
Schedule of Events:
Attendees are welcome to participate in any or all of the activities.
Forest Walk ($15): 1:30 – 3:30 p.m.
- Location: Jester Park Nature Center
- Immerse yourself in nature and experience the benefits of being fully present in the medicine of the forest. This gentle two-hour forest therapy walk offers a rich experience in nature that can improve mood and provide relaxation. Certified guides from Forest Therapy Pathways will guide you to use your senses to take in the restorative powers of nature. Shinrin-yoku, or forest bathing, offers researched based health benefits such as lowered blood pressure, decreased anxiety and improved cognitive functioning. Slow down and unplug with mindfulness based and nature connection invitations. Join us for this unique wellness activity to unwind and rejuvenate!
- Note: Please come prepared by wearing comfortable walking shoes and dress in layers. Bring a water bottle. You may find a small backpack useful. We will walk if there is light rain, so bring rain gear if showers are possible.
- Register on the Jester Park website for $15 by June 5.
Picnic ($5): 3:30 – 6 p.m.
- Location: Jester Park | Shelter #5
- The dinner menu consists of pulled pork sandwiches, side salads, chips and non-alcoholic drinks. Alcohol is allowed if you bring your own.
- Register for a meal ticket on the Truman Online Store by June 5.
Campfire (Free): 6 – 10 p.m.
- Campfire information to be provided at Picnic.