Denise L. Smith Volunteer of the Year Award
The Truman State University Alumni Association created the Bulldog Forever Volunteer of the Year Award in 2012 to honor a volunteer leader for exemplary service to the University through the Alumni Association or any of its affiliated organizations. In 2019, the name of the award was changed to the Denise L. Smith Volunteer of the Year Award in honor of the late Denise Smith, who served as the director of alumni relations at Truman for many years.
This award recognizes individuals who have sustained outstanding volunteer service to Truman State University through the Alumni Association and reflects length and depth of service on the part of the recipient.
Each year, one award is given to a member of the Truman Alumni Association who is a current member of a chapter and/or club. The Alumni Association encourages and appreciates the financial support of alumni gifts to the University. However, the Volunteer Award is intended for and elevates the service and time given to the University by our volunteers.Award Recipients
A nominee must:
- Be a member of the Truman State University Alumni Association (If you graduated from the University, or are an active volunteer and member of an alumni chapter, you ARE a member of the Truman State University Alumni Association).
- Have an exemplary record of volunteer service to the Truman State University Alumni Association.
- Have provided a significant contribution toward the Mission of the University and Alumni Association.
- Shown active involvement with a chapter, club, constituent society, alumni interest group, affiliate program group, Alumni Board of Directors, Advancement Office or other forms of volunteer service to Truman State University.
- Have demonstrated exemplary service, dedication and loyalty to the Alumni Association and University overall through chapter, organization or association.
- Made a significant contribution of volunteer time, talents and service
We Want Your NominationsNomination form