If you live near the Kirksville area, the Northeast Missouri Alumni Chapter is for you! Joining the Chapter is an opportunity to experience a wide variety of events such as local theater and other social gatherings. Members also get free admission to most Truman sports events. Members give back to the University by participating in the annual Scholarship Scramble Golf Tournament at the Kirksville Country Club, inviting students and parents to the Future Alumni Welcome, and supporting local events.
Every year the Northeast Missouri Alumni Chapter holds their fall banquet and the evening ends with a live auction to support the chapter’s scholarship fund. The banquet also features the presentation of the Northeast Missouri Alumni Chapter Bulldog Forever Award. This award is presented to chapter members who demonstrate their dedication and support for both the Chapter and the University (the NEMO Chapter won the award in 2016!).
Join the Chapter today and become an active member of the Bulldog Community!
2019 Chapter Events:
- January 19: Bulldog Basketball Bash
- March: Gold Medal Concert
- May: Graduation Picnic
- August: New Student Welcome
- September: Volleyball Game and Dinner
- October: Football Game Tailgate
- November: Fall Banquet
- December: Graduation Pizza Party
- Don Bindner (’92), President
- Susan (LaGrassa) Scheurer (’87, ’89), Vice President
- Michelle Mollick (’95), Treasurer
- John Nash (’11), Secretary and Alumni Board Representative
- JoAnn Jackson, Social Media Manager
- Kathy (Chandler) Erwin (’71, ’76), Membership Coordinator
- Jeanne (Jones) Harding (’92), Social Chair
- Marianna Giovannini (’64, ’67), Executive Board
- Donna Bailey (’76, ’84), Executive Board
- Mary (Vogt) McIntosh (’91), Executive Board
- Corey Luebbering (’16), Executive Board
For more information, please contact the Office of Advancement at 800.452.6678.
The Chapter is looking for more volunteers! Please contact Truman’s Office of Advancement at 800-452-6678 for more information or complete the online Volunteer Application.