Just one state away, there’s a Truman Alumni Chapter passionate about forging connections, whether it’s with the University that still feels like home, our communities or most individually, in the lives of our local alumni and currently enrolled Truman students. Hailing from across the great state of Iowa, we’re an active and engaged group. No matter our age, what Iowa city we live in or our profession, we’re a welcoming group committed to investing in our communities and the university.
We look forward to seeing you at our next event, whether we’re volunteering, learning more about local history and the arts or just spending time with others who care as much about Truman and the ideals the university embodies as we do.
2019 Chapter Events:
- January 19: Letter Writing Event
- February 12: Trivia Night
- March: TruCare Service Event
- April 14: Palonza and Game Night
- April 27: Pella Tulip Event
- May 11: Cemetery Tour and Brews
- June 8: Jester Park & Picnic
- July 6: Iowa Cubs vs. Memphis Redbirds Game
- July 21: New Student Send-Off Event
- August: Lecture Series
- September: Buzzed Bee Event
- November: Hoyt Sherman Tour
- December: Jazz Event
- Cindy Spiker (’93), President
- Sebastian Speer (’06), Treasurer
- Angela Worley Petersen (’10, ’11), Social Media Director
- Jean Kaul (’09), Communications Director & Alumni Board Representative
- Kent Donaldson (’90), Executive Board
- Gerald Hollingsworth (’67), Executive Board
- Cindy (Barnes) Moeller (’86), Executive Board
- Sandy Barker (’85), Executive Board
For more information, please contact the Office of Advancement at 800.452.6678.
The Chapter is looking for more volunteers! Please contact Truman’s Office of Advancement at 800-452-6678 for more information or complete the online Volunteer Application.
I love my alumni chapter. Our group does so many things around the city that I never knew existed. It’s a great way to meet people outside your normal social circle and of course, network! It’s a low-commitment, fun way to still be involved with the University and get to hear about Truman’s happenings.