Welcome to the Truman Family
As a transfer student, you aren’t new to college. You know what it means to sit in a college class and how to study for that next exam. Our transfer orientation program is designed with that in mind! This August, come to campus early to get acclimated, meet faculty, staff, and other transfer students, and learn all about the ins and outs of Truman.
Save the Date
Orientation and move-in for incoming Transfer students will occur on Tuesday, August 16, 2022. Between Orientation and the start of classes on Monday, August 22, you will have the opportunity to participate in Truman Week, an introductory program to assist first-year and transfer students with the transition to student life on the Truman campus. This provides even more opportunities to meet new Truman students during some fun activities! RSVP to Fall Transfer Orientation through your TruView account under Accepted Student Tools.
Before You Come
Using the “Accepted Transfer Student” tab on your TruView, work through the Transfer Checklist to ensure the necessary steps toward enrollment are complete. By the time you arrive this August, you will have:
- Created a Fall 2022 course schedule alongside your Academic Advisor. To begin this process, complete the following:
- Submitted your Enrollment Deposit to lock-in your spot as a Truman student.
- The $100 enrollment deposit can be paid through your TruView!
- Secured housing on or off campus.
- The housing application and $150 deposit/fee can be accessed through your TruView!
- Submitted your Health and Immunization History.
- The required health forms are available online here. Please complete prior to July 1, 2022.
- Confirmed your Financial Aid package.
- Verify your Social Security Number through your student portal.
- Accept or decline your awards.
- Sent all college transcripts to Truman’s Office of Admission.
- Sent an official copy of your final college transcript(s) to be reevaluated for automatic scholarship and ensure your credits are added to your Truman academic record. If you have earned AP, IB, or CLEP credit, please contact the appropriate testing agency to have official score reports sent as well.
What to Expect?
Transfer Fall Orientation will occur on Tuesday, August 16, 2022. Following Orientation, transfer students have the opportunity to participate in Truman Week activities from Wednesday, August 17, 2022, through Sunday, August 21, 2022.
Tuesday, August 16 | Orientation & Move-In
Transfer students who plan to live on campus will move into their Residence Hall the morning of August 16, beginning at 8 a.m. In the afternoon, all Transfer students will gather to hear from various campus offices, connect with future classmates, and learn about the resources available at Truman. Families are welcome!
Wednesday, August 17-Sunday, August 21 | Truman Week
Incoming transfer students have the opportunity to participate in Truman Week, a program designed to assist with the transition to student life at Truman. Some activities included in Truman Week are:
- Campus Safety, Title IV, and bystander training
- Meeting with your advisor
- Self and Society Seminar
- College Cup Competition and much more!
Monday, August 22 | First Day of Classes
After the Fall 2022 semester begins, you will continue to meet once a week in your Self and Society Course, TRU 310: Self and Society: Transfer Students. The class is intended to help you get used to the Truman campus culture and geography, make connections with other students, learn information and skills that will help you be successful, and locate help if needed.
- Follow Truman on Social Media to get connected with the community, stay informed about campus updates, and build excitement for the 2022-2023 academic year!
- Curious about campus? Looking for personalized information about Truman? Schedule a virtual visit and check out our virtual tour at visit.truman.edu!
- Get to know DegreeWorks, the tool that will assist you in planning your degree, by using the tools available through the Center for Academic Excellence.
- For any of your textbook, school supply, and Truman spirit needs, visit the Truman Bookstore’s website! You can order textbooks online and pick them up when you arrive on campus.
If you or one of your guests need accommodations due to medical conditions, deafness or hearing loss, or religious observances, please notify us so we can best support you during your visit.