Welcome to the Truman Family!
We are excited to welcome you to campus this January for the start of the Spring 2021 semester. Orientation for new students, including both first-year and transfer students, is meant to help you transition into the Truman community.
Spring Orientation will have two parts: a required virtual component on Thursday, January 7, 2021 and an optional in-person component on Sunday, January 10, 2021, following new student move-in. Below is the schedule for both the virtual and in-person components.
Virtual Session – Thursday, January 7
This session will take place via Zoom and is required.
1:30 PM: Welcome & Introduction
1:35 PM: Personal Advising Workshop (P.A.W.) or Academic Advising Session
2:00 PM: Personal Advising Workshop (P.A.W.) or Academic Advising Session
2:30 PM: Campus Life & Events Presentation
3:00 PM: Financial Aid Presentation
3:15 PM: Wrap Up
3:30 PM: Optional Individual Zoom Meetings
In-Person Session – Sunday, January 10
This session is optional. Check-in for the in-person Orientation session will be in the Student Union Building.
4:00 PM: Optional Tours
5:00 PM: Dinner provided by Sodexo
5:45 PM: Welcome from President Sue Thomas
6:00 PM: Student Panel
Prior to Orientation
Confirm that your pre-orientation materials have been completed before the virtual orientation session on January 7. This will allow our staff to best prepare for your arrival and ensure you are ready to begin classes on January 11. All these materials can be found on TruView in your “Accepted Student” tab.
- RSVP for Spring Orientation
- Registration Agreement
- Social Security Number Verification
- Pre-Orientation Questionnaire
- Mathematics Placement Exam
- Foreign Language Exam
- Health and Immunization History
- Final Transcripts
- Send an official copy of your final high school and/or college transcript(s) to Truman’s Office of Admission. If you have earned AP, IB, or CLEP credit, please contact the appropriate testing agency to have official score reports sent as well.
Living on Campus?
Submit your housing application and $150 housing deposit/fee through TruView to secure your housing placement and preferences. Move-in for on-campus students will occur on Sunday, January 10 prior to the start of our optional in-person orientation session. Please refer to the Residence Life website for details surrounding new student move-in.
Preparing for the Start of Classes
- Stay up-to-date with information about campus events and policies by visiting the Truman State University COVID-19 website.
- For any of your textbook, school supply, and Truman spirit needs, the Truman Bookstore will be open on Sunday, January 10 from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm. You can order textbooks through the store’s website and pick them up once you arrive on campus.
- You will have time to drop by the ID Card Office, located in Missouri Hall, to receive your student ID card. The ID office will be open Sunday, January 10 from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm. If you are unable to make it on Sunday, the office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Meal plans will not begin until Monday, January 11. Here is a helpful link with dining options we have available in town for dine-in or delivery.