Truman State University’s Virtual Showcases are visit events that provide prospective new students and families the opportunity to learn a lot about Truman State University from the comfort and safety of their homes. Sign up for one of our upcoming Virtual Showcase events and spend a day learning about the Truman experience.
Dates for Virtual Showcase Visits
Virtual Showcases were provided during the 2020-2021 Academic Year in an effort to limit the possibility of exposure to the coronavirus to the campus and Kirksville communities. Currently, there are no plans to offer Virtual Showcases during the 2021-2022 Academic Year.
Sample Virtual Showcase Schedule of Events (used during 2020-2021 Academic Year)
8:45 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
- Welcome featuring the University President, Dr. Susan L. Thomas.
- Admissions & Scholarship Information: Attend a presentation about applying to admission, scholarship opportunities, and why Truman has been ranked the #1 public university in the Midwest for 24 years!
9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- Academic Presentations: Hear directly from faculty about what makes their department unique.
10:30 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.
- Meet the Faculty: Each department will have faculty available to tell you more about their program. Talk with as many departments as you would like.
- Students Services Fair: Explore all the student support services Truman offer to its students.
- Pre-Professional Presentations: Learn more about our Pre-Education, Pre-Med, and Pre-Law programs.
11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Optional Presentations featuring the Honors Scholar Program, Financial Aid, Athletics, and Study Abroad.
11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Residence Life Presentation: Learn about the various styles of Residence Halls offered to Truman students to find the best option for you!
- Residence Life Q&A: Hear directly from current Residence Life student staff from each residence hall about living on campus.
12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Student Panel: Hear directly from current students about their Truman experience.
10:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Admissions Q&A: Meet one-on-one with an Admission Counselor to get all of your questions answered!
Truman State University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its programs and activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs and activities. Inquiries may be directed to the Institutional Compliance Officer at (660) 785-4354 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For disability accommodation, please contact the Institutional Compliance Officer at (660) 785-4354 or email@example.com or provide the request below in the Questions or Additional Requests box. One week advance notice is appreciated. To request this document in an alternate format, please contact Office of Student Access and Disability Services at (660) 785-4478 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to Expect
You’ll receive an access link and instructions 3 days prior to the event. You won’t need to download any special software to attend! However, we recommend using Chrome or Firefox browsers for the best experience. Parents are welcome to join – no separate registration required!
Take a Virtual Tour
We’re here to help. Contact the Admission Office.