The following policy defines how Truman State University will award credit to incoming students who earned the Missouri Seal of Biliteracy, effective fro students entering Truman in the Fall semester of 2018.
- Students who have earned the Missouri Seal of Biliteracy may receive 6-14 hours of credit, corresponding to Elementary I, Elementary II, Intermediate I and Intermediate II, in the designated foreign language.
- Amount of credit granted will be determined by the score attained and by the specific assessment used to confer the Seal.
- Truman will continue to award credit for the International Baccalaureate program, CLEP exam, AP program, Dual Credit, and prior college credit for transferable courses from accredited colleges and universities, per existing policy: http://www.truman.edu/registrar/transferring-credit/.
- Truman will continue to offer retroactive credit for course work bypassed through Truman placement procedures, per existing policy: http://catalog.truman.edu/content.php?catoid=13&navoid=624#.
- Additional assessments for which credit may be earned through the Missouri Seal of Biliteracy include:
STAMP4S–With a score of at least Intermediate High in all test areas, 12-14 hours ;
AAPPL: ACTFL Assessment of Performance toward Proficiency in Languages –With a score of at least Intermediate 2: 6-8 hours, depending upon the language; with a score of at least Advanced A: 12-14 hours, depending upon the language.
- Acceptance of other exams will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- Students who have earned the Missouri Distinguished Seal of Biliteracy will receive 12-14 hours of credit for Elementary I, Elementary II, Intermediate I and Intermediate II, depending upon the designated foreign language.
- To receive credit for scores, an official score report must be submitted to Truman’s Registrar’s Office.