Stay Motivated With Group Exercise!
Campus Recreation offers a variety of FREE group fitness classes, such as Zumba, HIIT classes, and a variety of Yoga classes.
Each class has a trained instructor that teaches and demonstrates the skills and movements needed to succeed in class. Instructors provide modifications for all skill levels.
The Student Recreation Center will be hosting 2 NETA workshops - HIIT and Tabata on Sat, 9/26 and Yoga Inc on Sun, 9/27 - this fall. Current group exercise instructors or those who are interested teaching these types of classes (at the Student Recreation Center or another location) are invited to register. For details, click here.
Fall 2015 Instructional Program Schedule and Class Descriptions:
Click here. Classes start Thursday, August 20, 2015.
For more information about the upcoming schedule or classes, please contact the Fitness-Wellness Director at 660-785-7739.
Support the Student Recreation Center and get the latest news about our instructional programs including new and revised class schedules and class cancellations:
Policies and Tips for Attending
1. Patrons (member and non-members) must present proper identification and carry in their clean, dry, workout shoes (other footwear must be worn to enter the Student Recreation Center).
2. Instructional programs are subject to change instructor, format, or time. They may also be cancelled at any time.
3. Class size is limited to 30 participants unless otherwise noted in the class descriptions.
4. Instructional programs start on time, so please arrive early. Instructional programs are most popular at the beginning of each semester, so it’s recommended to arrive even earlier to classes held during peak hours. Please line up next to the Conference Room on the second floor. Classes are first come, first served.
5. Participants must be 18 years or older to participate in group exercise classes.
6. Yoga mats and yoga blocks are provided; however, participants may bring their own yoga mat.