Stay Motivated With Group Exercise!
Campus Recreation offers a variety of FREE group fitness classes, such as Zumba, HIIT classes, and a variety of Yoga classes.
Each class has a trained instructor that teaches and demonstrates the skills and movements needed to succeed in class. Instructors provide modifications for all skill levels.
The Fitness-Wellness Program is excited to announce a brand new type of class: Martial Arts led by Emily, a fourth degree black belt. As always students participate in Martial Arts for free; however, if individuals wish to participate in belt promotions, there will be additional costs to test and purchase the appropriate attire (Gi and belts). Belt promotion is for individuals who want to officially move up in rank whereas non-belt promotion participants do not earn and cannot call themselves any rank. Master Mark from Macon, Missouri has agreed to hold belt promotions at the Student Recreation Center. Testing dates will be announced based on interest.
In order to provide a better description of the yoga classes we offer and thus a better experience, the names of the Yoga and Power Yoga classes have been clarified in the spring 2015 schedule. We now offer Yin Yoga, Hatha Yoga and Vinyasa Yoga (previously called Power Yoga). Please read the class descriptions to find the class that suits your needs the best.
TENTATIVE* Spring 2015 Instructional Program Schedule and Class Descriptions (1/12/15 - 5/2/15): Click Here
*The schedule is likely to change since Program Instructors are still enrolling in classes. Furthermore, additional Zumba class(es) will likely be added. Thank you for your patience!
For more information about the upcoming schedule or classes, please email the Fitness-Wellness Director at email@example.com.
Support the Student Recreation Center and get the latest news about our instructional programs including new and revised class schedules and class cancellations:
Policies and Tips for Attending
1. Patrons (member and non-members) must present proper identification and carry in their clean, dry, workout shoes (other footwear must be worn to enter the Student Recreation Center).
2. Instructional programs are subject to change instructor, format, or time. They may also be cancelled at any time.
3. Class size is limited to 30 participants unless otherwise noted.
4. Instructional programs start on time, so please arrive early. Instructional programs are most popular at the beginning of each semester, so it’s recommended to arrive even earlier to classes held during peak hours. Please line up next to the Conference Room on the second floor. Classes are first come, first served.
5. Participants must be 18 years or older to participate in group exercise classes.
6. Yoga mats and yoga blocks are provided for participants. Participants may bring their own yoga mat.