Mount Vernon Leadership FellowsOfficial Website
The Mount Vernon Leadership Fellows is a competitive five-and-half week’s summer leadership program. This Program offers rising college juniors unparalleled opportunities in the nation’s capital and on the estate of America’s first president. Through academic workshops, experiential activities, and a capstone project, Mount Vernon Fellows get an opportunity to acquire skills that will shape them as confident, emerging leaders in a complex and ever-changing world.
Who Can Apply:
- Currently Enrolled rising College juniors* in good standing
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Cumulative GPA 3.4 or higher
- Be a citizen of the United States of America (permanent residents and international students are not eligible).
*Rising Juniors refers to current college sophomore in a traditional 4-year college program. For all other college program the program reviews application and transcript on a case-by-case basis.
The 2015 inaugural class of Mount Vernon Leadership Fellows will comprise a group of 12 cohort of rising college juniors, selected from the 5 regions of the United States. Students will be selected based on the eligibility criteria. Applications will be reviewed by the Mount Vernon Leadership Fellows Program selection committee, comprised of a diverse group of scholars, noted leaders, and educational professionals.
The Mount Vernon Leadership Fellows is a fully funded program. Information on award amount will be released after the application review and selection process.
“Becoming of the nation’s top leaders is within your reach. As a fully funded programs generously supported by noted philanthropist and business leader David M. Rubenstein, the Mount Vernon Leadership Fellows Program offers each student with a generous stipend as well as campus housing, meals, activities, and all transportation to and from Washington, D.C.”-Official Website
How to Apply:
A complete Mount Vernon Leadership Fellows application requires completion of the following components:
- Completed online application form
- Personal essay and statement of intent
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- Current college transcript
- Applications Open: October 15, 2014
- Application Deadline: February 1, 2015
- Date of the Program: July 8 – July 15, 2015
- Washington, D.C. and Mount Vernon, VA
Access complete instructions at the official website by clicking here.
Phone: (703) 799-6848.
If you have any other questions or if we may be of further assistance, please contact the Graduate Office. Good luck with your application process.