Freshman Theatre Scholarships
- Freshman Theatre Scholarships are intended for incoming students at Truman State University with outstanding abilities and interest in all aspects of theatre.
- Recipients are required to be active participants in the theatre production program at the university and must audition for or work in some technical capacity on all four productions of the Main Stage season.
- Scholarships may be renewed for a total of eight undergraduate semesters as long as the recipient, in the judgment of the theatre faculty, continues satisfactory participation in productions and maintains a grade-point average of 3.0 or above.
- Recipients need not be theatre majors.
- Theatre scholarships do not exclude or limit additional financial aid through federal, state and university auspices.
- All theatre scholarships are contingent upon admission in good standing to Truman State University.
- Application for the Freshman Theatre Scholarship should include the following material:
- a letter of application
- two letters of recommendation (at least one from a high school director or teacher familiar with the applicant’s academic and production work)
- a listing (or resume) of production experience and theatre-related course-work
- a 2 to 3 page essay titled “Why Theatre?”
- for performers: a five-minute videotaped audition of two contrasting monologues (serious-comic, classic-contemporary, musical-nonmusical, etc.)
- for designers/technicians: a portfolio containing examples of design/tech work, including photos, sketches, models, with appropriate and brief explanations of specific contribution challenges
- for director/stage managers: one production book or a portfolio of production research and organization
Deadline for submission of all materials: March 15
Truman State University
100 E. Normal Ave.
Kirksville, MO 63501