Beyond the Classroom
- There are numerous opportunities for students to conduct undergraduate research on-campus, either with a Truman faculty member or as an independent research project. Our students have regularly been awarded Undergraduate Research Grants available to all Truman students.
- A wide spectrum of study abroad, field school and internship experiences are available.
- Several students participate in archaeological or ethnographic field schools during the summer and transfer the credit.
- Our students enjoy internships locally and within their hometown in places, such as, The Department of Family Services, juvenile centers, and drug rehabilitation centers.
- Throughout the year the Anthropology Club and Students for Social Change organize events to support their interests. Students attend regional meetings such as the Midwest Sociological Association and present undergraduate research at regional or national meetings.
- More Quick Facts