Pre-Optometry Studies: FAQ
value in the nation among public colleges & universities (Consumers Digest)
Here are answers to some of the most often asked questions about the Pre-Optometry Studies at Truman State University . If you have more questions, please contact one of our advisors.
Does major matter?
Generally, no; optometry schools are looking for good students and good people. That said, make sure that you are able to adequately address the common questions and content that are asked on the OAT. Much of this content is based on biology, chemistry, algebra/trigonometry and physics.
What are the curriculum requirements for local optometry schools?
- University of Missouri—St. Louis College of Optometry
- Indiana University School of Optometry
- Illinois College of Optometry
- Southern College of Optometry (Tennessee)
Are there scholarships for optometry school?
Check out these websites for scholarship information:
- American Academy of Optometry/American Optometric Foundation
- College Scholarships.org
- American Optometric Association/Compass
Is there a recommended checklist of activities for Pre-Optometry students at Truman State University?
Check out our Pre-Optometry Studies: Extracurricular Activities website for more information.