Optometry Admission Test
value in the nation among public colleges & universities (Consumers Digest)
Pre-Optometry Studies at Truman State University
Optometry Admission Test (OAT)
The Optometry Admission Test is administered through the American Dental Association (ADA). Detailed information about the exam can be found here.
The OAT will test on the following materials:
- One year of general biology
- One year of general (inorganic) chemistry
- One year of organic chemistry (heavy on reactions)
- One year of physics (including optics)
- Trigonometry, algebra, and mathematical concept
- Reading comprehension (passages in sciences)
Informal study groups abound on the Truman campus. Sample study materials can be found in the Student Organization Room in Magruder Hall.