Quick Facts About the Chemistry Program at Truman State University
- Our Bachelor of Science in chemistry combines a strong liberal arts component with an American Chemical Society (ACS) accredited professional program. Graduates who meet ACS requirements are eligible for ACS certification.
- Graduates of Truman’s Chemistry Program who meet American Chemical Society requirements are eligible for certification to the Society
- Our largest lectures for science majors have 72 students. Many classes have only 20-50 students, some are as small as 10-20 students.
- All lab sections have 24 or fewer students.
- Over the past five years, about 55-65 percent of our graduates went to graduate school; about 25 percent attended medical, dental, pharmacy school; and the remainder (10-20 percent) entered the job force.
- We have excellent modern atomic absorption, GCMS, FTIR, X-ray and HPLC instruments.
- Our 400MHz Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) instrument can perform state-of-the-art experiments.
- Our Chemistry Contact Center(C3) provides a supportive learning environment where students can get answers to questions regarding introductory courses.
- More Quick Facts