Chemistry Facilities & Equipment
Public university in the Midwest for 18 years running (U.S. News & World Report)
Students studying chemistry can pursue their curiosity in depth using our modern learning facilities.
- Multiple teaching laboratories in Magruder Hall serve students in all areas of chemistry, including introductory courses and courses in organic, inorganic, physical, analytical, and biochemistry.
- Our teaching labs are equipped with state-of-the-art instrumentation that students use regularly.
- Students utilize computer-based data collection and analysis throughout the chemistry curriculum and in research laboratories.
Equipment & Instrumentation
- We have excellent modern atomic absorption, GCMS, FTIR, X-ray and HPLC instruments.
- Our 400MHz Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) instrument can perform state-of-the-art experiments.
- The Department owns a single-crystal X-ray diffractometer that is capable of determining precise 3-D structures of molecules as they exist in crystals. Since very few undergraduate institutions nationally have a similar instrument, this adds to the quality of Truman Chemistry program.
"The atmosphere at Truman is warm. People here are friendly and are willing to help you whenever you need it. Also, there are plenty of organizations available to help international students to make new friends, understand new cultures, and enjoy life in America."
– Anh Duc M., Mathematics & Economics, Vietnam