Business Administration Quick Facts

  • Department: Department of Business Administration in the School of Business
  • Major Offered:
    Business Administration
    Areas of Concentration:

  • Degrees Offered:
    • Bachelor of Arts
    • Bachelor of Science
  • Minors Offered: 
  • Approximate number of students pursuing this major: 670
  • Approximate number of students pursuing this minor: 70
  • Full-time Faculty: 14
  • Faculty members with terminal degrees in the field: 94%
  • Departmental Student Organizations: Alpha Kappa Psi, American Marketing Association, Beta Alpha Psi, Beta Gamma Sigma, Bulldog Student Investment Fund, Delta Sigma Pi, ENACTUS, and Phi Beta Lambda.

Student Organizations

Learn and exhibit leadership skills, gain valuable experience in your chosen professions, and interact with students of similar interests.

  • Alpha Kappa Psi: Become a well-trained, ethical, skilled, resourceful, and experienced business leader. Use local, regional, and national programming to develop business and leadership skills, and gain contacts with the business community.
  • American Marketing Association: Interested in marketing, advertising, communications, or business? Get involved in various business and community relations activities. Help fundraise and create advertisements for local businesses.
  • Beta Alpha Psi: Join an honorary and professional organization for accounting and finance students.
  • Beta Gamma Sigma: Receive acknowledgement and expand your worldwide networking opportunities through this international honor society. The utmost academic honor you can receive in business or accounting programs accredited by AACSB International, membership is for life!.
  • Bulldog Student Investment Fund: BSIF offers a hands-on learning laboratory for students who are interested in investments. Actively manage a fund and make decisions about equity and cash positions.
  • Delta Sigma Pi: Join a professional business fraternity that supplements member’s knowledge of business gained in the classroom. Truman’s chapter is one of the most prominent in the nation, and has won the Outstanding Chapter of the Year Award more than any other chapter, nationwide.
  • ENACTUS: Develop leadership, teamwork and communication skills through learning, practicing and teaching the principles of free enterprise. Members design and implement projects that teach the principles of free market economics, entrepreneurial skills, financial literacy, personal success skills, and business ethics.
  • Phi Beta Lambda: PBL promotes better understanding and appreciation for the principles of business management while engaging in service activities.

Recent Awards/Accolades

  • Truman’s School of Business is one of only 186 business programs nationwide to hold accreditation in both Business and Accounting by AACSB International, the “gold standard” of business accreditation worldwide.
  • For the last 10 years, the School of Business students have scored in the top 5% of the national population who sat for the Major Field Achievement Test in Business.
  • The Iota Nu chapter of Delta Sigma Pi at Truman received the national award for Chapter of Excellence in 2017.

Faculty

  • Active in professional business organizations
  • Collaborate with students on undergraduate research projects

Curriculum

  • Concentrate in Finance, Management, Marketing, or International Business
  • The International Business concentration requires a study abroad experience
  • Want more? 45% have more than one concentration. Complete a second concentration within business or minor in a different area.

Internships

  • Choose from a variety of internship opportunities including credit, non-credit, summer, semester, local, regional, national, and international
  • Career Week and “Meet the Firms” events bring employers to campus to recruit School of Business students every semester

Study Abroad

  • Europe in Transition program led by Dr. Lin, Business Administration Department Chair, travels to countries in Europe
  • Numerous options including China and international business schools in France, Germany, Spain, and Hungary
  • Truman grants you access to over 500 study abroad opportunities in more than 60 countries
  • Monetary assistance is available, including Truman State University Foundation Scholarships
  • Cultural loans are available for all programs

After the Degree

  • Reporting graduates have a 100% placement rate after graduation, with 86% entering employment within six months of graduation and the other 14% immediately pursuing graduate studies.
  • Graduates attend Carnegie Mellon University, University of Chicago, Washington University in St. Louis, and Yale University, among others
  • Employers include Boeing, Cerner, Edward Jones, Federal Reserve Banks, and Monsanto
Quick Facts Brochure - Business Administration
Print Brochure (PDF)