Broad Career Opportunities
Our Agricultural Science graduates are pursuing careers in a wide range of fields including:
- Veterinary medicine
- Scientific research
- Marketing, merchandising, and sales
- Management and finance
- Agricultural production
- Agribusiness operations
• Approximately two-thirds of Agricultural Science majors go directly into careers after graduation, pursuing positions in agronomy, animal science, or agricultural marketing with agricultural businesses, large and small. Other students find career opportunities in conservation or natural resource management with governmental organizations.
• Overall, about one-third of graduates go on to graduate or professional school, pursuing degrees in law, vet medicine, plant breeding, genetics and genomics, animal nutrition, animal reproduction, and agricultural economics, among others.
• Over the past 15 years, Truman’s Agricultural Science graduates have averaged a 51% acceptance rate to University of Missouri’s Veterinary Medicine school, compared to a 39% rate for other in-state applicants.
To view the full results of this study conducted jointly by the Cooperative State Research, Education and Extension Service of the US Department of Agriculture and other partners, visit Employment Opportunities for College Graduates in the Food and Agricultural Sciences.
There are a large number of search engines available that focus on agricultural careers. Here’s a short list of potentially useful sites for specific agricultural-related careers information:
- Ag Center
- AgriCareers, Inc.
- Archer Daniels Midland Company Careers
- Bestard Agricultural Placements
- Bunge North America Careers
- Career Jet job search (agriculture)
- Cargill, Inc.
- Department of Agriculture Agency job search
- Dow AgroSciences
- National FFA Organization – Careers
- Good Food Jobs
- Hansen Agri-Placement
- Land O’Lakes, Inc.
- United States Federal Government Official Job Site
- USDA student opportunities, internships and scholarships