Accounting Program at Truman State University
- Truman’s Accounting is one of only 177 business programs in the country to hold accreditation in both Business and Accounting by AACSB International. AACSB is the “gold standard” of business accreditation world-wide. Fewer than 7% of schools nation-wide hold both accounting and business accreditations.
- Truman consistently places in the top 15 schools in the nation for first time pass rates on all parts of the Uniform CPA examination.
- For the last 10 years, Accounting students have scored in the top 5% of the national population who sat for the Major Field Achievement Test in Business, a nationally-based test which measures business knowledge.
Our Accounting Faculty
- The Accounting Department has eight full-time faculty members with seven holding the Certified Public Accountant credential. All of the faculty members either hold terminal degrees (doctorate) or have significant professional experiences, with four having worked for national public accounting firms.
- Programs like Boeing Blitz, Professor-for-a-Day, and the Raymond F. Bentele/ Mallinckrodt Executive-In-Residence Program bring industry leaders and employers to campus as guest speakers.
More Quick Facts