- Beta Alpha Psi
Interested in accounting, finance, or information systems? Get recognized for outstanding achievement through Beta Alpha Psi. Build a sense of ethical, social, and public responsibility within yourself. Students may first seek membership when enrolled in ACCT 221 Introduction to Management Accounting.
- National Association of Black Accountants (NABA)
Receive support and help bridge the opportunity gap for minority student success in accounting and related business fields.
- More organizations
- 72% of students have an internship or career-related work experience
- “Meet the Firms” and Career Week events bring employers to campus to recruit accounting students
- Employers from national, St. Louis, and Kansas City firms actively recruit Truman accounting students
- Study at international business schools in France, Germany, Spain, and Hungary
- Europe in Transition Program: Study in Brussels, Paris, Assisi, Rome, Florence, Venice & Sorrento— all in one trip
- Truman grants you access to over 500 study abroad opportunities in more than 60 countries
- Monetary assistance is available, including Truman State University Foundation Scholarships
- Cultural loans are available for all programs
for first-time pass rate on CPA exam
around the country recruit Truman graduates
As a student, I was able to shadow Ernst & Young staff for a couple of days long before I thought about interning with them. I also had the opportunity to lead Beta Alpha Psi’s Best Practices team into a Regional Competition where we presented on a student-run tax program called VITA, and I attended the Beta Gamma Sigma conference in Indianapolis where I got to meet members from all over the States and the world. There were some great speakers and activities to meet future accountants and business leaders.
June 19, 2018
The annual Europe in Transition Program combines study and field trips while focusing on current issues in the European Union, the economy, and political & social climates. Dr. Jason Lin, Business Administration Department Chair and professor, has been the faculty sponsor and Program Director since 2004. Click Europe in Transition to learn more about the […]