MAE: Secondary Science
value in the nation among public colleges & universities (Consumers Digest 2015)
Master of Arts in Education: Specialty Area Requirements
- Undergraduate GPA must be at least 2.5 in the major with a 3.0 GPA preferred.
- Applicants must have significant pre-professional teaching experiences including some of the following: tutoring, substitute teaching, attending professional conferences and working with adolescents in sponsored programs.
- At least one letter of recommendation must show the applicant’s suitability to work with secondary-level school children. One letter must be from a professor who can attest to the applicant’s ability to be successful in graduate level science courses.
- The personal statement must be written clearly and coherently indicating the applicant’s ability to communicate via the written word.
- It is preferred that applicants have a Verbal or Quantitative GRE score at or above the 50th percentile. In some cases, a low GRE score may be offset by a high Truman GPA in the major. In no case will Verbal or Quantitative scores below the 10th percentile be acceptable.
- Applicants may also be interviewed to provide clarification on any of the qualifications.
"The atmosphere at Truman is warm. People here are friendly and are willing to help you whenever you need it. Also, there are plenty of organizations available to help international students to make new friends, understand new cultures, and enjoy life in America."
– Anh Duc M., Mathematics & Economics, Vietnam