Master of Arts in Education: Specialty Area Requirements
- Undergraduate GPA must be at least 2.5 in the major with a 3.0 GPA preferred.
- Applicants must have significant pre-professional teaching experiences including some of the following: tutoring, substitute teaching, attending professional conferences and working with adolescents in sponsored programs.
- At least one letter of recommendation must show the applicant’s suitability to work with secondary-level school children. One letter must be from a professor who can attest to the applicant’s ability to be successful in graduate level science courses.
- The personal statement must be written clearly and coherently indicating the applicant’s ability to communicate via the written word.
- It is preferred that applicants have a Verbal or Quantitative GRE score at or above the 50th percentile. In some cases, a low GRE score may be offset by a high Truman GPA in the major. In no case will Verbal or Quantitative scores below the 10th percentile be acceptable.
- Applicants may also be interviewed to provide clarification on any of the qualifications.