Master of Arts in English
The Master of Arts in English program offers an opportunity for in-depth exploration in an area of the discipline the student finds useful and fascinating. The ultimate goals of this program are to prepare a community of exceptional students, scholars, teachers and creative writers engaged in a lifetime of writing and literature, and preparation for work at the doctoral level. Specific course information and requirements can be found in the catalog.
- Online application and $40 fee
- Personal statement (uploaded in online application)
- Official GRE test scores (sent directly to Graduate Office)
- Three letters of recommendation (Submit recommender’s information in online application)
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities from which you earned college credit, including high school dual credit (Truman applicants do not need to submit Truman transcripts)
- Graduate Teaching Research Assistant (GTRA) application (optional -available as part of online application)
Applications for acceptance into the Master of Arts in English program are due on the following dates:
Fall: June 1st
Spring: November 1st
Summer: April 1st
GTRA applications for the upcoming academic year are due February 15th.
Please note, to enroll during regular enrollment/registration dates, your application should be completed by February 1st for Summer/Fall start and by September 1st for Spring start.
For questions regarding the Master of Arts in English program, contact the program director, Dr. Linda Seidel