Master of Science in Biology
The Master of Science in Biology program allows students to choose between traditional and accelerated tracks. Both programs are designed to provide students with practical training in biological research and advanced knowledge within a chosen specialty area through graduate coursework and a thesis research project. Specific course information and requirements can be found in the catalog.
- Online application and $40 fee
- Personal statement (uploaded in online application)
- Official GRE test scores (sent directly to Graduate Office)
- Three letters of recommendation (Submit recommender’s information in online application)
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities from which you earned college credit, including high school dual credit (Truman applicants do not need to submit Truman transcripts)
- Graduate Teaching Research Assistant (GTRA) application (optional -available as part of online application)
Applications for acceptance into the Master of Science in Biology program are due on the following dates:
Fall: June 1st
Spring: November 1st
Summer: April 1st
GTRA applications for the upcoming academic year are due February 15th.
Please note, to enroll during regular enrollment/registration dates, your application should be completed by February 1st for Summer/Fall start and by September 1st for Spring start.
For questions regarding the Master of Science in Biology program, contact the program director, Dr. Chad Montgomery