Master of Athletic Training
The Master of Athletic Training (MAT) program provides the specialized coursework and practical experience that prepare and qualify successful candidates for careers in Athletic Training. This program is characterized by high standards, close collaboration between students and faculty, and strong, broad-based professional preparation. Specific course information and requirements can be found in the catalog.
- Online application and $40 fee
- Official GRE test scores (sent directly to Graduate Office)
- Personal Statement (uploaded in online application)
- Three letters of recommendation with accompanying MAT form (Submit recommender’s information in online application)
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities from which you earned college credit, including high school dual credit (Truman applicants do not need to submit Truman transcripts)
- Signed Observation Hours Form (PDF) (Upload in online application)
- Syllabus submitted for each of the following courses via the online application (if not taken at Truman):
- Nutrition (3 credit hours)
- First Aid/CPR (3 credit hours)
- Biomechanics (3 credit hours)
- Exercise Physiology (3 credit hours)
- Human Anatomy with Lab (4 credit hours)
- Human Physiology with Lab (4 credit hours)
- General Psychology (3 credit hours)
- Statistics (3 credit hours)
- NOTE: All course must have a grade of “C” or better.
Applications for acceptance into the Master of Athletic Training program are due on the following dates:
Summer: April 1st (Priority Deadline: February 15th)
Note: This is a cohort based program that only begins during the Summer II session in July each year.
Please note, to enroll during regular enrollment/registration dates, your application should be completed by February 1st for Summer start.
For questions regarding the Master of Athletic Training program, contact the program director, Dr. Brandy Schneider.