HES: MS in Sports Health Care at ASHS
Truman State University: Health and Exercise Sciences
ARIZONA SCHOOL OF HEALTH SCIENCES
ADMISSION AND ARTICULATION AGREEMENT
MASTER OF SCIENCE IN SPORTS HEALTH CARE PROGRAM (Athletic Training)
Admissions and Articulation Agreement between
TRUMAN STATE UNIVERSITY
THE ARIZONA SCHOOL OF HEALTH SCIENCES, [A School of A.T. Still University of Health Sciences]
This agreement acts as an understanding between the Arizona School of Health Sciences (ASHS), as school of A.T. Still University of Health Sciences, and Truman State University. Effective February 1, 2003, ASHS agrees to provide applicants with the opportunity to receive priority consideration for admission to the Sports Health Care (Athletic Training) program offered in Mesa, Arizona. Under this agreement, ASHS agrees to give priority consideration for admissions into each first year Sports Health Care class, beginning with the year 2003 entering class, to those students from Truman State University who meet the criteria listed below, pending verification of required credentials during the rolling admissions process from June 1-March 1 of each year prior to matriculation. Applicants wishing to apply for admission to ASHS through this articulation who are unable to meet the March 1 deadline due to extenuating circumstances will be reviewed on an individual basis.
ASHS agrees to give priority consideration for admissions into each first year Sports Health Care class, beginning with the year 2003 entering class, to those students from Truman State University who meet the following criteria:
- Receive a Bachelor of Arts or Science degree from Truman State University by the end of the summer session prior to enrollment at ASHS
- Maintain a 3.00 overall and science grade point average on all college coursework (on a 4.0 scale)
- Satisfy all ASHS admission requirements
- Provide proof of national certification/state licensure, or eligibility, by an official credentialing agency in a recognized health care field prior to matriculation (i.e. athletic training, physical therapy, physician assistant).
- Complete all prerequisite courses by the end of the spring semester prior to enrollment at ASHS
This agreement will remain in effect indefinitely unless terminated by either party for any reason. Termination must come with written notice 12 months prior to effective date of termination.
|Human Anatomy and Human Physiology – One year lecture and lab, minimum of 8 semester / 8 quarter hours
|English – Two courses of composition, grammar/literature, minimum of 6 semester / 6 quarter hours
|Humanities – Two courses (e.g., philosophy, religion, literature, fine arts, logic, ethics, foreign language) minimum of 6 semester / 6 quarter hours