The purpose of the Student Public Health Association (SPHA) is to increase the professional competencies of Health Science students at Truman State University through service and educational activities on and off campus. SPHA meets on the second and fourth Wednesdays of the month in the Pershing Building during the academic year. SPHA is involved in the following service activities:
- Adopt-A-Street project
- Stream clean-up
- Health Science book exchange
- Stress-Free Fridays
- Sleep Awareness Week
- Alcohol Education Week
- Health speaker’s bureau on campus and many more volunteer and other service activities.
SPHA members have presented their research projects at the following conferences:
- Student Undergraduate Research Conference
- Missouri Association of Health, Physical Education, Recreation & Dance (MOAHPERD)
- Missouri Meeting of the Minds
- American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation & Dance (AAHPERD)
Visit the SPHA website.