Phi Epsilon Kappa
value in the nation among public colleges & universities (Consumers Digest)
Phi Epsilon Kappa (PEK) is a national professional fraternity for persons engaged in or pursuing careers in health, physical education, recreation, or safety. Membership is open to persons interested in the purposes of the Fraternity and in providing time and energy for the benefit of the areas which include: physical education, health, recreation, dance, human performance, exercise science, sports medicine, and sports management.
Phi Epsilon Kappa is dedicated to the enhancement of the education of students in the fields of exercise science and health. The organization promotes student research, charitable purposes, community service, and provides opportunities for professional growth, leadership development, and the fraternal loyalty and spirit among members throughout the country. The organization began as HES Club (Health and Exercise Science) in 1990. Membership has increased every year. Currently, over 50 members are active in the meetings and events.
The purposes of Phi Epsilon Kappa are:
- To promote the professional growth of students majoring or specializing in exercise science at Truman State University
- To encourage high standards of leadership, scholarship, and service in the disciplines of exercise science
- To develop group solidarity by promoting social and professional cooperation between exercise science students, faculty, and alumni
- To cooperate with local and national sports medicine, physical education, and recreation associations and to help students become identified and familiarized with these associations
Phi Epsilon Kappa is involved with the following events:
- Nemo triathlon
- T-Shirt Designs
- Volunteering with the Walking School bus
- Relay for Life
- Put on Be-Fit Week
- Organize Glow-Stick-It to Cancer 5k
- Professor Presentations on their research interests
- Organized Professional Presentations for various careers in Exercise Science
- Visit Graduate Colleges to learn more about their programs in various fields
For more information contact Dr. Brian Snyder (firstname.lastname@example.org).