Comprised of the Art, Classical and Modern Languages, English and Linguistics, Music, and Theatre Departments, the School of Arts and Letters at Truman provides a significant portion of Truman’s signature Liberal Studies Program while also providing powerful and life-changing academic experiences for students majoring in our disciplines.
Through the work of its students, faculty, and staff, the School of Arts and Letters exemplifies Truman State University’s liberal arts and sciences mission by:
- cultivating creative, critical, and interdisciplinary inquiry;
- providing rich academic and artistic experiences in a supportive environment;
- serving as a cultural resource for the community, region, and beyond;
- and inspiring students to lead meaningful, productive, and interconnected lives.
These attainable goals will work to enhance our students’ experience, advance our academic programs, and support our shared Mission.
- Pursue collaborative partnerships in the broader community.
- Enhance interaction between our alumni, our faculty, and our students.
- Increase visibility of our public events.
- Promote programmatic skills in our programs that have application in the world of work.
Connect with Us
My favorite aspect of Truman is the sense of community. I love knowing so many people around campus and having so many great opportunities that I might not have at a larger university.
March 1, 2018
Since May 2017 the Classical and Modern Languages Department has been offering students the opportunity to earn professional certificates with the Paris Chamber of Commerce. The certification is aimed at students or professionals wishing to certify their language skills with a diploma. Students can take the test in seven different fields (business, tourism, international relations, law, […]
March 1, 2018
New York Times bestselling author David Elliot will read his work at 6 p.m. March 1 in Baldwin Hall Little Theatre as a part of the Clayton B. Ofstad Reading Series. Sponsored by the Department of English and Linguistics, this event is free and open to the public. Born in Ohio, Elliott is the author […]