Comprised of the Art, Classical and Modern Languages, English and Linguistics, Music, and Theatre Departments, the School of Arts and Letters at Truman provides a significant portion of Truman’s signature Liberal Studies Program while also providing powerful and life-changing academic experiences for students majoring in our disciplines.
Through the work of its students, faculty, and staff, the School of Arts and Letters exemplifies Truman State University’s liberal arts and sciences mission by:
- cultivating creative, critical, and interdisciplinary inquiry;
- providing rich academic and artistic experiences in a supportive environment;
- serving as a cultural resource for the community, region, and beyond;
- and inspiring students to lead meaningful, productive, and interconnected lives.
These attainable goals will work to enhance our students’ experience, advance our academic programs, and support our shared Mission.
- Pursue collaborative partnerships in the broader community.
- Enhance interaction between our alumni, our faculty, and our students.
- Increase visibility of our public events.
- Promote programmatic skills in our programs that have application in the world of work.
Connect with Us
My favorite aspect of Truman is the sense of community. I love knowing so many people around campus and having so many great opportunities that I might not have at a larger university.
March 27, 2017
Faculty News Creative Writing faculty member Monica Barron appeared on the Council of Independent Feminist Journal Editors panel at the National Women’s Studies Organization in Montreal. José Carreño-Medina, assistant professor of Spanish, recently published Como si fuese a dejar la tierra” , a collection of short stories with Ediciones Lacre, Madrid, Spain. English faculty member […]
December 9, 2016
Want to keep up on the latest news and events from the School of Arts and Letters? Check out our Facebook and Instagram pages.