About the Music Department
School of Arts and Letters: Music Department
The Music Department at Truman State University is fully accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (since 1948) and offers an outstanding performance and academic background in the field of music, the opportunity to study private applied music with well-known artists/teachers, and the opportunity to participate in instrumental and choral ensembles with national reputations for excellence.
The Music Department will:
- attract a promising and diverse group of high achieving musician scholars who will become part of an academically rigorous arts community;
- provide challenging, comprehensive music instruction that will cultivate a depth of musical scholarship, pedagogy, and creative work within the breadth of a liberal arts context;
- enhance the culture of the university and surrounding communities;
- provide graduates with qualifications and experience to succeed professionally or in graduate study;
- cultivate a nationally recognized community of students, faculty, and alumni.
For More Information
14 September 2015 | 9:36 pm
The Kohlenberg Lyceum Series will begin the 2015-16 season with a performance by Truman’s very own Department of Music at 7:30 p.m. Sept. 26 in Baldwin Auditorium. “At the Movies” is the theme of this fun and exciting program. Music has always played an important role in movies, and this concert will feature some of […]
9 September 2015 | 4:43 pm
Dr. Jesse Krebs, Associate Professor of Music, has been invited to perform a guest recital and give a clarinet master class at the Royal Irish Academy of Music in Dublin, Ireland on Tuesday, October 13, 2015. He will be performing a program of American clarinet music, including the Clarinet Sonata by Daniel Gregory Mason, Theme […]