About the Music Department
School of Arts and Letters: Music Department
The Music Department at Truman State University is fully accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (since 1948) and offers an outstanding performance and academic background in the field of music, the opportunity to study private applied music with well-known artists/teachers, and the opportunity to participate in instrumental and choral ensembles with national reputations for excellence.
The Music Department will:
- attract a promising and diverse group of high achieving musician scholars who will become part of an academically rigorous arts community;
- provide challenging, comprehensive music instruction that will cultivate a depth of musical scholarship, pedagogy, and creative work within the breadth of a liberal arts context;
- enhance the culture of the university and surrounding communities;
- provide graduates with qualifications and experience to succeed professionally or in graduate study;
- cultivate a nationally recognized community of students, faculty, and alumni.
For More Information
30 October 2015 | 5:36 pm
Congratulations to Truman clarinet student Joelle Beusterien, who has been selected for a staff and clarinet position in the Northern Wind Ensemble with Blue Lake International. This means that she will have the opportunity to go on an all-expense paid, three and half week tour of three European countries this summer. To get this position, […]
29 October 2015 | 4:43 pm
Dr. Jesse Krebs, Associate Professor of Music, recently performed a guest clarinet recital at the Royal Irish Academy of Music in Dublin, Ireland on Tuesday, October 13th, 2015. He performed a program of all American clarinet works, including the clarinet sonata by Daniel Gregory Mason, Theme and Absurdities by Derek Bermel, and Grooves by Philip […]