School of Arts and Letters: Music Department
The Music Department at Truman State University is fully accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (since 1948) and offers an outstanding performance and academic background in the field of music, the opportunity to study private applied music with well-known artists/teachers, and the opportunity to participate in instrumental and choral ensembles with national reputations for excellence.
The Music Department will:
- attract a promising and diverse group of high achieving musician scholars who will become part of an academically rigorous arts community;
- provide challenging, comprehensive music instruction that will cultivate a depth of musical scholarship, pedagogy, and creative work within the breadth of a liberal arts context;
- enhance the culture of the university and surrounding communities;
- provide graduates with qualifications and experience to succeed professionally or in graduate study;
- cultivate a nationally recognized community of students, faculty, and alumni.
For More Information
May 8, 2017
The Truman Clarinet Choir will perform at the 49th Annual Summer Convention of the Missouri Bandmasters Association, June 19, 2017 at the Tan-Tar-A Resort in Osage Beach, Mo. The ensemble is currently made up of 21 clarinet students and two guest percussionists. The concert, titled, “Music From Around the World,” includes Masanori Taruya’s “A Picture […]
April 18, 2017
Dr. Jesse Krebs, Associate Professor of Music, served as this year’s guest artist for the 2017 South Dakota Clarinet Day at the National Music Museum in Vermillion, S.D., on Thursday, April 13. He worked with students from the University of South Dakota in two master classes and performed a clarinet recital that included Erland von […]