About the Music Department
School of Arts and Letters: Music Department
The Music Department at Truman State University is fully accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (since 1948) and offers an outstanding performance and academic background in the field of music, the opportunity to study private applied music with well-known artists/teachers, and the opportunity to participate in instrumental and choral ensembles with national reputations for excellence.
The Music Department will:
- attract a promising and diverse group of high achieving musician scholars who will become part of an academically rigorous arts community;
- provide challenging, comprehensive music instruction that will cultivate a depth of musical scholarship, pedagogy, and creative work within the breadth of a liberal arts context;
- enhance the culture of the university and surrounding communities;
- provide graduates with qualifications and experience to succeed professionally or in graduate study;
- cultivate a nationally recognized community of students, faculty, and alumni.
For More Information
23 April 2015 | 2:08 pm
On Saturday, April 18th seven Truman clarinet students traveled with Dr. Jesse Krebs to Lincoln, Nebraska to participate in the 2015 Midwest ClariFest: Taeyeong Jung, Joelle Beusterien, Cory Hogan, Timothy Clasby, Meranda Dooley, Brianna Broach, and Andrew Wolf. Freshman music major Meranda Dooley was selected to perform in a morning master class with the featured […]
30 March 2015 | 7:31 pm
Congratulations to Truman music alumnus Katharine Scharff (B.A. ’13), who has just been hired by the Haynes Flute Company in Boston, MA as a flute craftsman. Katharine is currently completing her post-undergraduate work at Redwind Technical College as a woodwind repair technician, and she has already been employed by Haynes before she even graduated!