About the Music Department
School of Arts and Letters: Music Department
The Music Department at Truman State University is fully accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (since 1948) and offers an outstanding performance and academic background in the field of music, the opportunity to study private applied music with well-known artists/teachers, and the opportunity to participate in instrumental and choral ensembles with national reputations for excellence.
The Music Department will:
- attract a promising and diverse group of high achieving musician scholars who will become part of an academically rigorous arts community;
- provide challenging, comprehensive music instruction that will cultivate a depth of musical scholarship, pedagogy, and creative work within the breadth of a liberal arts context;
- enhance the culture of the university and surrounding communities;
- provide graduates with qualifications and experience to succeed professionally or in graduate study;
- cultivate a nationally recognized community of students, faculty, and alumni.
For More Information
9 August 2016 | 4:08 pm
The Truman Clarinet Choir recently had the honor of performing a concert at the 2016 International Clarinet Association’s ClarinetFest Conference in Lawrence, Kansas (August 4-7) as one of ten invited university ensembles. The conference, which took place on the campus of the University of Kansas, was attended by 1,100 clarinetists from around the world. Truman […]
25 July 2016 | 3:09 pm
Dr. Jesse Krebs, Associate Professor of Music, has been appointed to serve as the next Research Coordinator for the International Clarinet Association. The duties of this post include coordinating the ICA Research Competition that takes place at the annual ClarinetFest conferences (2017 in Orlando, FL and 2018 in Ostend, Belgium), supervise the research area of […]