About the Music Department
School of Arts and Letters: Music Department
The Music Department at Truman State University is fully accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (since 1948) and offers an outstanding performance and academic background in the field of music, the opportunity to study private applied music with well-known artists/teachers, and the opportunity to participate in instrumental and choral ensembles with national reputations for excellence.
The Music Department will:
- attract a promising and diverse group of high achieving musician scholars who will become part of an academically rigorous arts community;
- provide challenging, comprehensive music instruction that will cultivate a depth of musical scholarship, pedagogy, and creative work within the breadth of a liberal arts context;
- enhance the culture of the university and surrounding communities;
- provide graduates with qualifications and experience to succeed professionally or in graduate study;
- cultivate a nationally recognized community of students, faculty, and alumni.
For More Information
20 January 2016 | 10:57 pm
Thomas Trimborn, professor emeritus of music, will be inducted into the Missouri Music Educators Association Hall of Fame later this month in recognition of his lasting impact on the stature of music education in the state of Missouri and beyond. Trimborn earned undergraduate and master’s degrees in music education and conducting from the University of […]
11 January 2016 | 6:24 pm
Truman voice majors Monica King, Katie Ewalt and Cady Thomas participated in the National Association of Teachers of Singing regional auditions Nov. 12-14 at Olivet Nazarene University in Bourbonnais, Ill. Ewalt advanced to the semi-final round, and Thomas won first place in the Sophomore Women’s Division. King is a student of Dr. Tom Hueber, and […]