Military Science/ROTC Scholarship Incentives
The Army ROTC program is the single largest source of scholarship money in the United States. Each year, the Army awards millions of dollars in scholarships to thousands of deserving students nationwide. At Truman State University, approximately 90% of all students enrolled into the Advanced Course have been awarded scholarships.
These scholarships are awarded based on merit, not financial need. Two-, three-, and four-year scholarships are available to qualified students. High school seniors can apply for either a three- or four-year scholarship. College students can apply for either a two- or three-year scholarship.
Army ROTC scholarships pay for:
- Tuition or room & board on or off-campus
- Books – $1200 yearly book allowance
- Most college fees
- Tax-free subsistence allowance of $300 for freshmen, $350 for sophomores, $450 for juniors and $500 for seniors per month for up to 10 months a year.
Additional Incentives Provided by Truman State University
- Free room and board for a limited number scholarship winners
- Academic credit for all Military Science classes
- A minor in Military Science
- Satisfies portion of graduation core requirement
CIET (Cadet Initial Entry Training) credit incentive: At Truman, students who attend CIET receive seven credit hours.
CLIP (Critical Language Incentive Pay): The CLIP program offers $100-$250 a month for cadets willing to study one of the following languages: Arabic, Persian-Farsi, Persian-Dari, Chinese-Mandarin, Pashto, Urdu, Indonesian, Swahili, Hausa, and Korean. The pay starts at $100 and increases as the language level of study increases. This program is for cadets that contract after August 2008.
Student Loan Repayment Program (SLRP): Offers to repay federal student loans in return for at least 3 years of service.
For more information, contact:
Mr. Justin Hirniak
Department of Military Science
Truman State University
Kirksville, Missouri 63501
Phone: (660) 785-4453
FAX: (660) 785-4350