Related Links for Justice Systems
- Law School Admission Council
The organization that administers the Law School Aptitude Test (LSAT) and the Law School Data Assembly Service (LSDAS); the site includes information on law schools and the LSAT, as well as online law school applications.
- Council on Legal Education Opportunity
CLEO is a project of the American Bar Association to expand opportunities for minorities and low-income students to attend law school.
- American Academy of Forensic Science
A great site for those interested in becoming a forensic scientist.
- American Bar Association
Overview of how the courts work, publications, cases, and information on practical law.
- Official Home of Corrections
Interactive site that includes a student list serve, bulletin board, and you may ask questions from correctional professionals.
- Police Officer’s Internet Directory
Information about different agencies within the United States, employment opportunities, and current police-related headlines.
- National Center for Victims of Crime
Provider support, civil litigation, public policy, resource library, and a press center.
- National Criminal Justice Reference Service
Contains many publications divided into all the facets of criminal justice.
- Police Foundation
News, internships, research, and information about computer crime mapping and community policing are found on this site.
- United States Department of Justice
Employment, publication, and grant information.
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
Press releases, reference information, and a search engine within the site.
- Central Intelligence Agency
General information about the CIA, employment information, and a reference center.
- American Correctional Association
Membership, online corrections academy, publications, resources, professional development, job bank, and an ACA store.
- American Jail Association
The association’s resolutions, conferences, publications, and a video series.
- American Probation and Parole Association
Membership information, training and technical assistance opportunities, publications and resources, and marketing opportunities.
- Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences
The ACJS provides information about membership, awards, and publications.
- American Society of Criminology
Information about membership, publications, and conferences.
- National Institute of Justice
Information about programs within the National Institute of Justice, funding opportunities, and publication information.
- U.S. Department of Labor
A good site for job descriptions in the area of criminal justice.