English & Linguistics Quick Facts
Public university in the Midwest for 18 years running (U.S. News & World Report)
- 19 full-time tenured or tenure-track, 5 full-time temporary and 2 part-time faculty members.
- 86% of faculty members have a PhD or an MFA.
- We offer both a BA and an MA in English as well as a BS in Linguistics and a BFA in Creative Writing.
- Writing courses are typically limited to 20-22 students, and linguistics and literature courses to 35. Many students also complete independent study for credit with professors in the department.
- Students can elect to pursue Departmental Honors in English with either the BA or BS degree.
- More Quick Facts
"My Intro to Literary Theory classes really opened my eyes to what literary criticism is all about and ways of understanding literature I had been missing."
– Conor G., English Major