When you pursue studies in accounting or business administration in the School of Business at Truman State University, you acquire the knowledge and develop the skills to become successful leaders—and not just in business and industry. You will be well-prepared to make meaningful contributions to service organizations, governmental agencies, not-for-profits, and your community.
Relevant, Broad-based Programs
A core business curricula for all accounting and business administration majors provides breadth of knowledge, experience, perspectives, as well as skills you choose to develop as part of your liberal arts education. To prepare you for the fast-paced, rapidly changing global economy, the School of Business offers several academic programs:
Business Administration Programs:
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration with concentrations in finance, international business, management, and marketing
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with concentrations in finance, management, and marketing
- Minor in Business Administration
Student-focused and Skills-based Mission
Our mission guides all we do – the students we recruit, the faculty we hire, the curricula we offer, and the experiences we provide. The School of Business graduates ethically-aware prospective business and civic leaders who are articulate communicators, effective team members, and skilled critical thinkers and problem solvers.
The School of Business cultivates a community of learners by emphasizing:
- A rigorous, liberal arts and sciences educational foundation;
- Highly selective admission of students;
- Civic engagement;
- Leadership development; and,
- Experiential and applied learning activities to enhance student learning.
Demonstrated Excellence — AACSB Accredited
At Truman, you take classes with top-quality faculty and collaborate with high-caliber students who are curious and strive for success at all levels. You pursue a business education at one of only five percent of
business schools worldwide that have earned AACSB accreditation. AACSB schools must pass rigorous quality standards, and they have proved to provide the best in business education world.