Delta Tau Alpha
Delta Tau Alpha
The Purpose of the Society
- To promote and recognize high standards of scholarship, leadership, and character among agricultural students.
- To encourage and foster high ethical standards of agriculture and professional positions held by agricultural students.
- To band together a group of outstanding students who by scholastic accomplishment, service, and adherence to high character standards have been recognized for these traits and are capable of recognizing these traits in others.
- To promote the profession of agriculture.
- To render service to and cooperate with the student bodies and the agricultural divisions of the respective member institutions.
Qualifications for Active Membership
- Completed at least twelve (12) semester hours, or its equivalent, in agricultural courses, including credit transferred from other colleges or universities.
- Completed at least forty-five (45) semester hours of college courses, or its equivalent, including credit transferred from other colleges or universities.
- Rank not lower than the highest thirty-five percent of their class in general scholarship, and shall have completed at least three semesters or five quarters of the college course.
- Shall be of good character and possess definite qualities of leadership as determined by the local chapter.
This is an organization that does not hold weekly or monthly meetings but does meet to talk about prospective members. New members are inducted into the program twice a year. It is an honor to be a member of Delta Tau Alpha and it is looked favorably upon by agricultural businesses.
For more information, contact the organization’s advisor:
Dr. Mark Campbell, 660-785-4280.