value in the nation among public colleges & universities (Consumers Digest 2015)
The 400-acre University Farm at Truman State University is located on the edge of Kirksville, Mo., about a mile from campus. Activities at the farm range from classwork, to research, to recreation.
The Farm features:
- Classroom/lab, equine and cattle facilities
- 40-head riding/breeding horse herd
- Indoor and outdoor riding arenas
- A herd of Gelbvieh beef cattle
- Two greenhouses, an orchard, vineyards, and garden plots
- Agronomy research plots and crops
- Beautiful, rolling grassland and woodland areas
- Horse boarding available by contract
For more information, contact:
Agricultural Science Department Chair
"I love the easiness to get to know your professors and the resources that are available for students. It is easy to see the faculty’s dedication toward the students’ success, and I especially like that we are constantly challenged to be better."
– Roberto R., Psychology & Biology Double Major