Public university in the Midwest for 18 years running (U.S. News & World Report)
After all of the following documents have been received, you will be sent an e-mail informing you that your admission file is complete. Your application will then be sent to the Admissions Committee to determine acceptance. This process may take up to four weeks. Accepted students will be notified and mailed their acceptance packets. You will receive an e-mail confirmation when we receive any of the following required documents:
1. One Page Essay — This essay must be an original work on behalf of the applicant. Please choose ONE of the following essay topics:
2. English Proficiency Test Score A minimum score on only one of the following English proficiency exams is required for admission:
Please note: If you do not meet our English proficiency requirements, you can still apply for conditional admission.
3. Original or Certified Copies of Transcripts from High School (and any college or university you have attended)
4. Certificate of Financial Support
Please note: Exchange students have to show proof of $5,500 if they intend to study at Truman for a semester, or $11,000 if they intend to study at Truman for a year. 5. Original or Certified Copies of Bank Documents Indicating Sufficient Financial Support
Please note: Original copies of bank documents cannot be returned to you. We strongly suggest sending certified copies instead.
6. Copy of Passport biographical information page
7. Additional Required Documents for Graduate Students
*The only graduate programs of study offered to non-Truman international applicants are Master of Accountancy, Communication Disorders, English, Leadership, and Music. Please note that Biology, Counseling, and Education (MAE) are only offered to students who have earned their bachelor's degree from Truman State University.
Documents can be mailed to: International Student Affairs Office Truman State University Baldwin Hall 129 100 East Normal Avenue Kirksville, MO 63501 USA Please call or email us with any questions or concerns! Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM CST Phone Number: (660) 785-4215 E-mail: email@example.com
"I found it very relaxing to get away from the hustle and bustle of a big city and get the chance to enjoy all of the aspects of a smaller town. This town is a wonderful place to enhance your college experience."
– Bethany Williams (’13), Communication major