value in the nation among public colleges & universities (Consumers Digest)
Conditional Student Admission Requirements for International Students
The following documents are required to complete your application. Once your application is complete, it will be sent to the Admissions Committee. You will then be notified of the admission decision. Please allow up to four weeks for a decision to be made. We reserve the right to request certification of any documents.
You will receive an e-mail confirmation when we receive any of the following required documents:
1. Original or Certified Copies of Transcripts from High School (and any college or university you have attended)
- Submit official documents from all previous educational pursuits. This includes high schools, secondary schools, and universities. (Please note: original copies of transcripts cannot be returned to you. We strongly suggest sending certified copies instead.)
- Official copies of graduation diplomas should also be provided.
2. Certificate of Financial Support
- Download the PDF file here.
- To see an example of a completed form, click the image below.
- Certificates must show at least $27,577/year.
Please note: Exchange students have to show proof of $7,000 if they intend to study at Truman for a semester, or $14,000 if they intend to study at Truman for a year.
3. Original or Certified Copies of Bank Documents Indicating Sufficient Financial Support
- Unless you are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, you are required to submit satisfactory evidence of funds necessary to meet the expenses involved in your proposed program of study.
- Bank balance must show an equivalent of at least $27,577.
- Appropriate bank documents will include the following: bank statement issued within the past 6 months and a letter stating the current balance in the account along with the date the account was opened. The bank documents must be in the name of your sponsor.
4. Copy of Passport biographical information page
Documents can be mailed to:
Center for International Students
Truman State University
Grim Hall 300
100 East Normal Avenue
Kirksville, MO 63501
Please call or email us with any questions or concerns!
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM CST
Phone Number: (660) 785-4215
"The atmosphere at Truman is warm. People here are friendly and are willing to help you whenever you need it. Also, there are plenty of organizations available to help international students to make new friends, understand new cultures, and enjoy life in America."
– Anh Duc M., Mathematics & Economics, Vietnam