value in the nation among public colleges & universities (Consumers Digest)
Orientation for International Students
Friday, Aug. 12 or Saturday, Aug. 13
- Arrival – Be in Kirksville by 5pm. Note that you may not be able to arrive in the United States and arrive in Kirksville on the same day. Travel within the U.S. can be very slow. We recommend allowing yourself one day to travel within the United States.
Sunday, Aug. 14
- Check in and Orientation! You must be on campus at 8:00am!
Monday, Aug. 15
- Orientation Continues
Wednesday, Aug. 17 — Sunday, Aug. 21
- Truman Transformation ! (Beginning Freshmen)
Monday, Aug. 22
- Classes Begin!
All students should carefully ALL of the pre-arrival materials below before arrival at Truman! (Only exchange and transfer students need to read the materials marked specifically for them)
- Intro to the Center for International Students
- Understanding Your I-20
- How to get your student visa
- How to legally stay in the United States
- Payments & Budgeting
- Legal Work Options and Budgeting
- American Culture 101
- Living On-Campus
- Living Off-Campus
- TB Testing and Immunizations
- U.S. Laws
- For Exchange Students
- For Transfer Students
"The atmosphere at Truman is warm. People here are friendly and are willing to help you whenever you need it. Also, there are plenty of organizations available to help international students to make new friends, understand new cultures, and enjoy life in America."
– Anh Duc M., Mathematics & Economics, Vietnam