Public university in the Midwest for 18 years running (U.S. News & World Report)
Tuesday, August 11th, 2015
- Arrival – Be in Kirksville by 5pm. Note that you may not be able to arrive in the United States on August 11th and arrive in Kirksville on the same day. Travel within the U.S. can be very slow. We recommend allowing yourself one day to travel within the United States.
Wednesday, August 12th, 2015
- Check in and Orientation! You must be on campus at 8:00am!
Thursday, August 13th - Friday, August 14th , 2015
- Orientation Continues
Saturday, August 15th, - Wednesday, August 19th, 2015
- Truman Week! (Beginning Freshman)
Thursday, August 20th, 2015
- Classes Begin!
Got questions? Find answers in the links below:
- Intro to International Student Affairs Office
- Orientation and English Placement Testing
- How to Get Your Student Visa
- How to Keep Your Student Visa - the Rules
- Payments and Budgeting
- Legal Work Options and Budgeting
- American Culture 101
- Living On-Campus
- Living Off-Campus
- TB Testing and Immunizations
- U.S. Laws
- For Transfer Students
- For Exchange Students
"The atmosphere at Truman is warm. People here are friendly and are willing to help you whenever you need it. Also, there are plenty of organizations available to help international students to make new friends, understand new cultures, and enjoy life in America."
– Anh Duc M., Mathematics & Economics, Vietnam