value in the nation among public colleges & universities (Consumers Digest)
Orientation for International Students
Friday, Aug. 12 or Saturday, Aug. 13
- Arrival – Be in Kirksville by 5pm. Note that you may not be able to arrive in the United States and arrive in Kirksville on the same day. Travel within the U.S. can be very slow. We recommend allowing yourself one day to travel within the United States.
Sunday, Aug. 14
- Check in and Orientation! You must be on campus at 8:00am!
Monday, Aug. 15
- Orientation Continues
Wednesday, Aug. 17 — Sunday, Aug. 21
- Truman Transformation ! (Beginning Freshmen)
Monday, Aug. 22
- Classes Begin!
Have questions? Find answers in the links below:
- Intro to Center for International Students
- Orientation and English Placement Testing
- How to Get Your Student Visa
- How to Keep Your Student Visa - the Rules
- Payments and Budgeting
- Legal Work Options and Budgeting
- American Culture 101
- Living On-Campus
- Living Off-Campus
- TB Testing and Immunizations
- U.S. Laws
- For Transfer Students
- For Exchange Students
"The atmosphere at Truman is warm. People here are friendly and are willing to help you whenever you need it. Also, there are plenty of organizations available to help international students to make new friends, understand new cultures, and enjoy life in America."
– Anh Duc M., Mathematics & Economics, Vietnam