Methods of Payment
value in the nation among public colleges & universities (Consumers Digest)
Methods of Payment
Truman State University has partnered with Flywire to streamline the tuition payment process for our international students. With Flywire, you can pay from any country and any bank. You are offered excellent foreign exchange rates that often allow you to pay in your home currency. You may also save a significant amount of money as compared to traditional banks. You will be able to track where your payment is in the transfer process via a student dashboard, and an email confirmation will be sent to you when your payment is received by Truman State University.
Click here for instructional videos regarding the Flywire process.
- To get started, select the country from which your funds will be coming and the payment amount (in US dollars) you wish to make to your student bill.
- In most cases, the US dollar amount will be converted into your home currency at preferential exchange rates, which will help you save money.
- After providing some basic information, you will contact your bank (via phone, online, or in person) to send funds from your local bank to Flywire.
- Flywire will then convert the funds to US dollars and forward the US dollar amount to Truman State University, where it will be directly credited to your student billing account.
- Through the Flywire student dashboard you will be able to track where your payment is in the transfer process.
- You will receive an email confirmation when your payment is deposited into Truman State University's bank account.
- No matter the time zone, you will have a dedicated multilingual customer support team available to answer any of your questions - reachable 24/7 via live chat, Skype, email, and phone.
Visit truman.flywire.com to begin the payment process.
Pay by check or bank draft in US dollars only, made payable to Truman State University. This form of payment can be submitted to the payment drop box at the cashier window in McClain Hall 105. There is no fee for this option.
Pay by e-check, an electronic debit to your checking or savings account. This is available online at mybill.truman.edu for other authorized users, or via TruView for students. There is no fee for this option. For checking or savings account debits, please use the e-check option to avoid paying the 2.75% convenience fee.
Pay by MasterCard, Discover, American Express, or VISA credit card online at mybill.truman.edu (for authorized users) or via TruView (for students). A 2.75% convenience fee will be added to the payment amount. If you are using your debit card as a credit card, you will be charged the 2.75% convenience fee.
Although Truman does accept cash payments, we highly encourage you to pay by other means if paying more than a small amount. DO NOT carry large amounts of cash with you.
It is important to think about how you will continue to support yourself while at Truman. See the budgeting section in the Pre-Arrival Information for more information about what your estimated expenses might be. There are also many useful budget tools online like this one.
"I found it very relaxing to get away from the hustle and bustle of a big city and get the chance to enjoy all of the aspects of a smaller town. This town is a wonderful place to enhance your college experience."
– Bethany Williams (’13), Communication Major