Frequently Asked Questions
Public university in the Midwest for 18 years running (U.S. News & World Report)
Frequently Asked Questions by
New International Students
Don't see your question listed? Email the friendly staff of the International Student Affairs Office at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns about your enrollment process.
- I have confirmed my acceptance to Truman State University. What happens next?
- Do I have to pay all the fees and tuition before I leave my country?
- What forms can I complete online? What if I don't have my Truman username yet?
- When should I apply for my visa?
- I'm nervous about my visa interview? What should I expect?
- How do I know when I've finished the enrollment process?
To get ready to come to Truman, you need to start submitting your enrollment documents! These are in your admission packet, on our website under “Newly Admitted Students” then “Online Enrollment Documents,” and on Truview. Every time you submit an enrollment document, we will send you can email confirmation that we have received it (just like when you sent us admission documents). This is a list of all of the enrollment documents we need from you:
- Study Plan Confirmation
- Pre-Orientation Questionnaire (Only available on Truview, Graduate and Exchange students do not do this) OR Registration Worksheet (For exchange students only)
- Math Placement Test (only available on Truview, Graduate and Exchange students do not do this)
- Residence Hall Application (if you intend to live on campus)
- Medical History Form
- Proof of Immunization
- Meningococcal Vaccination Form
- Travel Plan Confirmation
- Shuttle Reservation Form
- Visa Approval Notice
No. You can wait to pay in person with cash, credit, debit, or check during Orientation week or the first week of classes. All tuition and fees for the semester need to be paid in full by one week into the semester unless you sign up for the Truman Flexible Payment Plan (http://www.truman.edu/businessoffice/student-accounts/payment-of-fees/), which allows you pay for each semester in four payments that are one month apart. Learn more about the available methods of payment here.
The Math Placement Exam and Pre-Orientation Questionnaire are only available on Truview, but if you do not have your username and password yet, you can still fill out all of your other forms at http://iso.truman.edu/new_students/forms.asp or fill out your forms that we sent you in your admission packet (you can fax or scan and email these forms to us). Graduate and Exchange students do not complete the Math Placement Exam and Pre-Orientation Questionnaire.
As soon as possible! Do not wait to do this at the last minute.
You should first carefully read the U.S. Department of State visa preparation section (http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_1750.html). Then prepare a list of reasons for why you chose to attend Truman State University (find out more about the specific department for your area of study at Truman at the Majors & Minors page) as well as a list of reasons for why you want to live and go to school in Kirksville, Missouri (Kirksville’s website may be helpful: http://www.kirksvillecity.com/).
If you need more help, you can contact the EducationUSA office (http://www.educationusa.state.gov/) in your country/city for some helpful tips about the visa interview.
Be prepared, but don't be too nervous. During the interview, just relax and be yourself.
We will send you an email when we have received all of your documents.
"I found it very relaxing to get away from the hustle and bustle of a big city and get the chance to enjoy all of the aspects of a smaller town. This town is a wonderful place to enhance your college experience."
– Bethany Williams (’13), Communication Major