Northeast Missouri provides a wide range of opportunities for outdoor recreation as well as numerous outdoor events. This site allows you to explore all that Kirksville and the surrounding area has to offer for you to enjoy the outdoors.
- Forest Lake Area Trail System (FLATS) - Closer than you think!
- Thousand Hills State Park (15 minutes from Truman)
- Hike/Bike Trail Map
- Kirksville Multisport is an informal group of NEMO runners, swimmers, and bicyclists. Our motto is "swim. bike. run. for fun." If you're looking for a group to train with show up at a workout or contact us today!
- Kirksville City Parks
- Recreation and Leisure in Kirksville
- Aquatic Center
- Missouri Department of Conservation
- Johnson County Connection: An agritourism destination that features a giant corn maze, pumpkin patch, educational activities, a farm store and more for families and groups in September, October, and November.
- Golf at Kirksville Country Club
- Check out the wellness wheel for more physical activity ideas!