Stock/Securities Transfer Instructions
There are three easy ways to give securities to the Truman State University Foundation:
- Electronic transfer/Wire transfer
- If your broker/or banker holds the stock in street name
- If you hold the certificates
- IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT THE DONOR OR HIS/HER BROKER NOTIFY TRUMAN OF THE IMPENDING TRANSFER. The University must know the name of the stock, the number of shares, the name of the donor, and the designation of the gift in order to credit the gift properly. Please contact Mark Gambaiana at (660) 785-4133 with this information.
- Stocks can be transferred electronically with the following information:
|Official Name of the Foundation:
||Truman State University Foundation
|Tax Identification No.:
|Receiving Brokerage Firm:
The Commerce Trust Company
ATTN: Carrie Larson
922 Walnut St., Mail Stop TBMZ-1
Kansas City, MO 64106
- Following IRS regulations, valuations of the gift will be based on the date of the stock transfers into the University's account.
- Notify Truman of impending transfer
- Instruct your broker in writing of the specific shares that you wish to donate to the Truman State University Foundation.
- Have your broker call the Advancement Office at Truman State University at (660) 785-4133 to receive instructions on the disposition of the donated shares.
Stock valuation will be the date the transferred shares reach the University's account. For this reason, it is imperative that your broker act in an expedient manner. A stock gift is complete only when the actual transfer takes place.
- Send UNENDORSED certificates by REGISTERED mail to:Truman State University FoundationOffice of AdvancementAttn: Mark GambaianaMcClain Hall 205
100 E. Normal Ave.
Kirksville, MO 63501
- By SEPARATE first-class mail, send a stock power signed exactly as your name appears on the UNENDORSED CERTIFICATE, with your signature guaranteed by a bank officer. Stock power forms can be obtained by your broker, banker, or the University (see form below).
- Include a letter indicating for what purpose the gift is being given.
- Stock valuation date will be the postmark date on the envelope containing the stock power.
- If the certificate is made out in the name of Truman State University Foundation, valuation will be made as of the issue date recorded on the certificate.
For more information contact:
Office of Advancement, McClain Hall 205, 100 E. Normal Ave., Kirksville, Mo. 63501-4221; (800) 452-6678 or (660) 785-4133; Fax (660) 785-7519.