You gift to Truman not only strengthens the University, it also provides a way for you to leave your own legacy on the Truman campus or to make a tribute or memorial gift in honor of someone special.
Named Endowed Funds
Named endowments create a lasting legacy for the donor and provide permanent resources to benefit donor-designated areas of the University. Gift levels necessary to establish named endowments typically begin with a minimum gift commitment of $15,000. The fund’s principal is invested and a portion of the fund’s accrued interest (the percentage is set by the Truman State University Foundation Board of Directors) is used in support of the funds criteria.
- Named Facilities: Minimum 20% of cost
- Named Academic Division: Varies
- Faculty Chair: $1,000,000
- Faculty Professorship: $500,000
- Teaching Fellowship: $200,000
- Faculty Development Fund: $100,000
- Cultural Fund: $50,000
- Lectureship: $25,000
- Library Book Fund: $15,000
- Graduate Fellowship: $15,000
- Named Endowed Scholarship: $15,000
Named Annual Funds
Named annual funds provide support during the year in which the gift is received. The full amount contributed is channeled to its designation within the same fiscal year, providing an immediate impact. A pledge commitment of four years is recommended to establish a named annual fund.
- Faculty Development: $10,000
- Faculty Research: $10,000
- Faculty Fellowship: $5,000
- Cultural Fund: $5,000
- Lectureship: $2,500
- Library Book Fund: $1,500
- Graduate Fellowship: $1,000
- Undergraduate Scholarship: $1,000
Let Us Assist You
The Office of Advancement staff is available to answer any questions you might have and can provide additional details on the naming opportunities available at Truman State University. To speak to a member of our staff call (800) 452-6678 or (660) 785-4133.