Support groups will meet weekly in Baldwin Hall Room 113 at the following times:
Groups are open for students to join anytime during the semester. Attend one or two groups per week. There is no commitment, and students are not obligated to continue attending every session.
Positive Peers welcomes students currently in distress as well as students seeking to prevent distress. Facilitators are not counselors and cannot provide professional advice. Students in need of professional support should contact University Counseling Services at 660.785.4014. Facilitators will serve as discussion-leaders, providing the group with structure, a safe space to support one another and referrals to outside sources if needed.
Potential benefits of joining a support group:
– Reducing stress
– Feeling less lonely, isolated or judged
– Gaining a sense of empowerment and control
– Improving coping skills and sense of adjustment
– Talking openly and honestly about feelings
– Gaining peer advice
– Increased social connections, both in number and in depth
For more information about Positive Peers email PositivePeersTSU@gmail.com.