The NEMO Alumni Chapter was named the 2016 Alumni Chapter of the Year. The award recognizes the outstanding achievements of the chapter in support of the Truman Alumni Association and the University.
If you live near the Kirksville area, the Northeast Missouri Alumni Chapter is for you! Joining the Chapter is an opportunity to experience a wide variety of events such as local theater, Truman athletics, and other social gatherings. Members give back to the University by participating in the annual Scholarship Scramble Golf Tournament (June 9, 2017, at KCC), inviting students and parents to the Future Alumni Welcome, and supporting local events.
Every year the Northeast Missouri Alumni Chapter holds their fall banquet and the evening ends with a live auction to support the chapter’s scholarship fund. The banquet also features the presentation of the Northeast Missouri Alumni Chapter Bulldog Forever Award. This award is presented to chapter members who demonstrate their dedication and support for both the Chapter and the University.
Join the Chapter today and become an active member of the Bulldog Community!
2017 Chapter Events:
- January 28: Truman Basketball Tailgate
- February TBA: Art Gallery WWI Exhibit Guided Tour and Reception
- March 4: Gold Medal Concert
- April 1: National TruCare Service Event
- April 7: Bulldog B.I.T.E. followed by Social Hour at the Dukum Inn
- May 10: Graduating Students Picnic
- June 9: Scholarship Golf Scramble
- July TBA: Architectural Tour with Cole Woodcox
- August 1: Future Alumni Welcome
- September TBA: Volleyball Game and Dinner
- September TBA: Dawgs for Dogs Football Game
- November TBA: Annual Fall Banquet and 150th Celebration
- December 13: Graduating Students Pizza Party
- Don Bindner (’92), President & National Alumni Board Representative
- Susan (LaGrassa) Scheurer (’87, ’89), Vice President
- John Nash (’11), Secretary
- Donna (Tague) Bailey (’76, ’84), Treasurer & National Alumni Board Representative
- Von Abbott (’79), Past President
- Jim Bergman (’90), Golf Tournament Chair
- Kathy (Chandler) Erwin (’71, ’76), Membership Chair
- Jeanne (Jones) Harding (’92), Social Chair
- JoAnn Jackson, Social Media Chair
- Marianna Giovannini (’64, ’67), Executive Board
- Mary (Vogt) McIntosh (’91), Executive Board
- Michelle Mollick (’95), Executive Board
- Marsha (James) Redmon (’79), Executive Board
Our alumni chapters are full of men and women who have been through Truman and have been where you have. They are the best people to get acquainted with, especially in a new area. They are also some pretty amazing people you will want to know!
August 14, 2017
Truman has been designated as one of only 20 public colleges profiled as a best buy in “Fiske Guide to Colleges 2018.” To receive a “Best Buy” designation, schools had to have high academic rankings, an inexpensive or moderate price, and a high quality of student life on campus. This year’s edition marks the 34th […]
August 14, 2017
On Sept. 2, the University will officially be 150 years old. To celebrate the sesquicentennial anniversary, there will be a variety of activities throughout the 2017-18 academic year. For additional information on events and future updates, check out the sesquicentennial website at 150.truman.edu.