The best part of living in the Mid-Missouri region? We’re close enough to Kirksville to head back for a Palonza, but able to bring the Bulldog spirit to other parts of Missouri. Whether you’re sharing your Bulldog pride at the State Capitol, sporting it around Columbia, or taking in Purple Friday wherever you are, there’s a Bulldog community waiting for you!
Join us for a picnic, try your hand at painting Red Barn Park, go with us to visit your state representative and say what’s on your mind, or give back to Truman students and the University at a service event. We’ve got an activity for everyone.
2017 Chapter Events:
- January 14: Escape Room
- February 21: Truman Day at the Capitol Happy Hour
- March TBA: Accepted Student Event
- March 11: National TruCare Service Event
- April 29: Pursue the Future Campaign Event
- May 21: MU Botanical Garden Tour
- June 15: Happy Hour at Logboat Brewing Company
- July 27: New Student Send-Off
- August 20: Serenity Valley Wine Tasting
- September 9: Warm Springs Ranch Tour
- November 16: Finals Week Well Wishes
- December 1: Living Windows Tour
- Kati (Smith) Abbott (’08, ’09), President
- Tim Scherrer (’87, ’00), Vice President
- Jim Cherrington (’85), Secretary
- Ellen (Hoelscher) McLain (’87), Treasurer & National Alumni Board Past President
- Tania (Hart) Cook (’85), Executive Board & National Alumni Board Representative
- Joyce Gentry (’79), Executive Board
- Cecelia Donelson (’83), Executive Board
No matter where your destiny lies, I encourage you to be involved with an alumni chapter in your area. You never know what resources you may have available to you through the people you will meet and the connections you can make.
August 14, 2017
Truman has been designated as one of only 20 public colleges profiled as a best buy in “Fiske Guide to Colleges 2018.” To receive a “Best Buy” designation, schools had to have high academic rankings, an inexpensive or moderate price, and a high quality of student life on campus. This year’s edition marks the 34th […]
August 14, 2017
On Sept. 2, the University will officially be 150 years old. To celebrate the sesquicentennial anniversary, there will be a variety of activities throughout the 2017-18 academic year. For additional information on events and future updates, check out the sesquicentennial website at 150.truman.edu.